Driving itself is a great recreation for people. Have you heard about or tried self-driving cars?
Self-driving vehicles are nothing but vehicles that do not require human drivers to control the operation while driving. They use sensors to operate self-driven cars.
Layers Of Autonomy In Self-driven Cars
Self-driving is of different levels in each car.
- In a Level 0 self-driven car, most of the operations will be taken care of by people who drive.
- In a Level 1 self-driven car, cruise control and automatic braking can be automated.
- In a Level 2 self-driven car, simultaneous operations can be done automatically by the car. But, some activities like acceleration and steering will have to be controlled by humans.
- In a Level 3self-driven car, the car will take care of all the safety-critical functions. If an alert is shown, the driver will have to take over driving.
- In a Level 4 self-driven car, the car is fully automated, but not in certain situations.
- In a Level 5 self-driven car, the car is completely capable of self-driving
Advantages Of Self-Driving Cars
There are many advantages to self-driven cars. Let us see some of them:
- The car and the machines do not get exhausted soon
- In self-driven cars, the focus will never be missed
- Self-driven cars follow traffic rules all the time
- If you are a person who is not familiar with driving, self-driven cars are rescue factors
- Compared to manual operation, automation is reliable
- Drunk and drive risk is not at all a problem in self-driven cars
- Fuel consumption will be less when compared to manual operating cars
- Air quality is improvised
- Car theft problems are not an issue here, in self-driven cars
- Economic advantages are higher in self-driven cars
- The whole driving experience is convenient enough
- The drive may be faster in self-driven cars
Disadvantages Of Self-Driving Cars
Though there are many advantages to self-drive cars, there may be a few disadvantages too. Let us see what they are:
- Congestion levels are higher when compared to manually operated cars
- The R&D costs may seem a little higher
- Hacking issues are also a major threat in self-driven cars
- Heavy rain or any bad weather may cause technical issues in self-driven cars
- Initial costs may be high
- Cab drivers are found in abundance nowadays. Self-driven cars may be a problem for them.
- If all of us choose self-driven cars, we may forget how to drive
- Maintenance is difficult
- Technical errors may happen, since it is a machine
- Insurance issues can take place in self-driven cars
In a conclusion, self-driven cars are wise options for people who love technologies. Everything has become automated nowadays, why not cars?